Civic Hall Toronto events showcase examples of civic innovation, and provide opportunities for members to network, learn and work together. Some events are exclusive to members, while others are open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Training: Digital Public Consultation & Resident Engagement (Part1/3)
September 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Genuine resident and community engagement remains vital to the public service, despite the challenges posed by COVID-19. While we were able to do digital consultation before, overnight, this became our new normal. The COVID-19 crisis has presented organizations with an opportunity to reinvent their community engagement and consultation toolkit for years to come.
This 3-part 75-minute workshop will help civil servants adapt to facilitating public consultations and meetings online and begin to address issues of access, equity, and accessibility of digital public engagement practices. Learn meaningful ways to connect with and gather input from residents in our changing times.
Together, we will:
- Reflect on challenges and opportunities that come with digital resident engagement and digital public consultation
- Build an understanding of best practices in facilitating online dialogue with residents and communities
- Explore real-world examples of digital facilitation and engagement
- Present tools and techniques which can be deployed by you and your team
- Begin to address issues of equity and inclusion in the digital engagement space
This workshop series is divided into 3 parts:
Part 1: Planning Your Digital Public Consultation Event: How to Facilitate & Drive Participation Online (Tuesday, Sep 8, 12:00 – 1:15 PM EST) ➡️ Click here to register
Part 2: Getting the Word Out: Promoting and Enhancing You Digital Resident Engagement Initiatives (Tuesday, Sep 16, 12:00- 1:15 PM EST)- Register
Part 3: Addressing Issues of Access, Equity & Accessibility in Digital Resident Engagement (Tuesday, Sept 22, 12:00- 1:15 PM EST)- Register
IMPORTANT NOTE: This webinar is exclusively for PAID MEMBERS ONLY and will be taking place over Google Meet – the link will be sent via email prior to the event. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.