Civic Hall Toronto events showcase examples of civic innovation, and provide opportunities for members to network, learn and work together. Some events are exclusive to members, while others are open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Public Salon: Resident Engagement in the Digital Era
December 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join Civic Hall Toronto on December 5 for a conversation on the intersection of technology and resident engagement.
As residents increasingly interact with municipal services online – from signing up for recreation programs to paying bills – it’s important that these digital services are seamless and accessible to the millions of residents using them. This means building them with residents, not for residents.
For the conclusion of Civic Hall Toronto’s event series on resident engagement, we’ll be spotlighting the work of teams leading resident digital advisory panels in Toronto, Mississauga and Montreal. These innovative programs are involving residents in the creation and improvement of digital public services.
The discussion will include the following guest speakers:
- Hannah Stewart – Senior Digital Content Advisor, City of Toronto (Digital Citizen Advisor program)
- Rob Cummins – Manager of Digital Strategy & Experience, City of Mississauga
- Jean-Francois Poulin – Senior UX Lead, City of Montreal
What you’ll get:
- You’ll learn how local governments are engaging residents to help shape 21st century public services, and how you can get involved as a Digital Citizen Advisor.
- You’ll celebrate the work of government innovators who are striving to build and even co-create, user-centred services.
- You’ll add your voice to the conversation! The event itself is an exercise in engagement, and you’ll have the opportunity to provide input on the tools and services that impact you.
Who is this for?
- Residents who want to help shape how public services are delivered in the GTA.
- Public servants who want to learn how other government teams are building user-centred digital products.
- Resident engagement nerds from inside/outside government who want a window into the process of digital consultation.
- Government innovators who want to connect with other leaders in the space, learn about their successes, and identify opportunities to apply new insights to their work.
- Digital product teams who want to learn more about how to engage users and generate new insights to inform their product strategy.