Civic Hall Toronto events showcase examples of civic innovation, and provide opportunities for members to network, learn and work together. Some events are exclusive to members, while others are open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Public Salon: Data, Policy-Making and City-Building
July 10 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
How can data be used to help make Toronto a better place to live?
On July 10, Civic Hall Toronto is hosting a public discussion exploring the role of data in public policy and civic tech. Learn about initiatives from the public, private and non-profit sectors that are using data to drive smarter decision-making and build better public-facing services. Our speakers will also provide their own perspectives on how data literacy and open data can support better collaboration between sectors and strengthen Toronto’s civic tech ecosystem.
We’ll have the following speakers and organizations participating:
• Tamara Augsten – Policy Development Officer, Children’s Services, City of Toronto (project lead of Raising a Village)
• Aakash Harpalani – Project Lead, Big Data Innovation Team, Transportation Services, City of Toronto
• Mark Richardson – CTO, Rich Analytics and Senior Technical Lead, HousingNowTO
• Eunice Lo – Chapter Lead, Data for Good Toronto
• Lewis Wynne-Jones – Head of Data Acquisition, ThinkDataWorks
• Ryan Garnett – Manager, Open Data Team, City of Toronto
Join us to share your own ideas on how we can use data more effectively to address civic challenges.