Civic Hall Toronto events showcase examples of civic innovation, and provide opportunities for members to network, learn and work together. Some events are exclusive to members, while others are open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Code for All Summit 2020
One event on July 20, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on July 22, 2020 at 12:00 am
A place for people from all over the world to meet, share ideas, and discuss current and future issues civic technology is trying to tackle.
Now more than ever, it’s clear the world needs to be using technology to solve the large number of challenges we’re facing. Since the beginning of COVID-19, we’ve seen a huge number of people wanting to learn more and get involved with civic tech.
Code for All’s 2020 Summit wishes to welcome everyone and anyone interested in civic tech to attend our free sessions. From those who have been involved in the community since its inception to those only hearing about it now – all are welcome to come and find out more, make some friends, and workshop new ways to help.
What exactly is civic tech?
Civic tech, in short, is technology that positively impacts society — but that’s not the whole story. It’s about creating civic innovation tools (tools that help make more democratic, transparent and people centered governments), but it isn’t only about the tools themselves — it’s about the process through which these tools are created. Here’s a good place to lean more.
Who is Code for All?
Code for All is an international network of organizations supporting each other to empower citizens to meaningfully engage in the public sphere and have a positive impact on their communities.
What will the sessions be about?
We’ll be focusing on:
- Discussing collaboration within civic tech
- Sharing stories about the civic tech response to COVID-19
- Working together to build skills as a Network
- Meeting and getting to know each other!
The Code for All Summit was initially scheduled to take place in Poland this year, and while we were extremely excited to hang out with everyone who was planning to attend in person, we’re very happy to announce that we’ll now be having our Summit online, with sessions taking place July 14, 20 & 22nd.
Though we’ll miss that in person aspect, the upside to going online is that more people from around the world will now be able to join in and participate. So please join us this July!
Here is some important information about joining in on Summit:
- Please read our Code of Conduct before participating in this event!
- Below are links to each session we’ll have over the three days – July 14, 20 & 22 (you can also find them here)
- You’ll need to register directly for each session that you wish to attend
- All times listed are in UTC
- All sessions will be held on Zoom
- If you aren’t able to attend all of the sessions you’re interested in – never fear, we’ll be recording all sessions and uploading them to the Code for All YouTube page.